April 29 through July 16, 2017
(Please remember that you register your skater in the age group they
will play in next winter(2017-18 season)
The 11 week program(16 hours of ice plus games in Indiana and in the Friendship games) will include:
- FUN!!! - Our main goal is to make sure the kids have fun. We will have some simple instruction but "pond hockey" is the theme. We want them to scrimmage and have fun.
- 15 one hour sessions that will cover simple instruction like skating, shooting, stick handling, positioning, defense, face-offs along with teaching the many forms of checking(poke check, stick check, back check, fore check) and then scrimmages.
- Approximately 45 to 50 minutes of “Pond Hockey” controlled scrimmage during 15 of the 16 one hour sessions.
- One special one hour session with Todd Brereton from ShowDown Hockey concentrating on edge work, shooting and stick handling.
- There will be four educational classroom sessions: Offense Positions, Defense Positions, Hockey History and Officiating.
- Each participant will receive a Winterland two-side jersey to be used in scrimmages plus one set of socks.
- Participants will have the opportunity to participate in 2017 Friendship games in St. Louis.
- Squirts, Peewees and Bantams will form a team(s) and participate in South Indy Sharks Friendship Games in Columbus, Indiana on June 9-11, 2017. Then the Sharks will come up in July and participate in the Winterland Friendship Games.
Please do not expect this to be an intense training ground for your child. There are plenty of other summer camps and programs in St. Louis where you can get more intense instruction. We will give your child the chance to have a great time and meet new friends while playing the great game of hockey.
Winterland will be scheduling a 3 on 3 Cross Ice Box Tournament on July 8-9 for all ages. This will be an additional costs to the players. Once the details are worked out, information will be forwarded to all Winterland Participants. That will be a great weekend of hockey too.
Missouri Show Me Games: Squirts and Peewees will also be able to attend the Missouri Show Me Games tournament as an additional option this summer if we can field a team at A2 or higher. Cost is $75 a skater to cover tournament fees, pizza party and some additional costs. This is totally optional opportunity for all Winterland participants.
Cost for Summer of 2017 (based on 20 participants)
If you already have a Winterland jersey and it still fits, you will be offered a discount on your program.
Squirts/Peewees/Bantams: $597 per person(*)
Goalies: $160 for goalies(*)
(*) $40 discount will be offered if you still have your Winterland Jersey from last year. Credits will be issued after enrollment and first session.
Program Fees include ice fees, instructor fees, referees for Friendship games, Enrollment fees to 2017 Friendship Games in St. Louis, jersey(if needed), socks, classroom materials, misc. items, administration costs, Ice/Referee costs for the Indiana trip. and Pizza party in Indy,(does not include hotel, meals and travel expenses to Indiana). Only out of pocket expenses are transportation/hotel if you travel out of town and the Box Tournament Fee and Show Me Game fees if you wish to play.
Summer Program Payment Schedule:
$50 non-refundable deposit on day of registration if before March 15th.
Non-Refundable Balance is due on March 15th, 2017
After March 15th, 2017, Full Non-refundable Payment due upon Registration